How To Break A Rack
Since the title of this blog is “You Rack I’ll Break”, I thought it would be important to talk about the fundamentals of breaking a rack. Billiard sports have been popular for centuries—with fans such as Mozart and members of French royalty. One element of the game that all players strive to perfect is the break hit. Here are some basic tips that can help improve your hit:
- Position your cue ball as close as the rules allow.
- Hold cue level with the tip, creating a loop with your non-dominant hand.
- Aim for the very center of the cue ball.
- Focus on hitting the head ball—the one that will be closest to you.
- Stand straight and keep your knees slightly bent.
- Hit the ball as hard as you can.
- Try different methods to find what works.
- Practice, Practice, Practice